We are Hike One, one of the finest teams of digital designers in The Netherlands. Our team consists of 50 designers, spread between our offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Eindhoven. We design digital services that look awesome and work extremely smooth - for small startups, but also for corporates like Signify, Liberty Global, Funda and Ebay.
So, what are we looking for?
Assertive, creative, curious, able to handle criticism, a go-getter, independent, inventive and able to defend your creative choices with well founded arguments.
The ability to physically work in the Netherlands, at our clients' offices, for at least 3 months. (please note: if you are not able to physically work at our clients' offices we cannot process your application)
- At least 3 years experience in visual design.
- A fairly new ‘state of the art’ laptop, preferably Mac.
- A liability insurance.
You have knowledge of or experience with:
- Working closely together with development.
- Scrum, Lean or working in an agile environment.
- Sketch, Principle, Figma, Framer, InVision, Keynote, Photoshop, Zeplin, Confluence, Jira
Still reading? Nice!
Expectations for designers:
- You enjoy getting as much knowledge as you can about the product you are working on (be an expert)
- You love improving the design process where you can and should be pro-active doing so
- You have a strong opinion on visual design, but you also know how to functionally improve a product
- You are able to provide reasoning for all your design choices
- With every design choice you consider the bigger picture
- Your work is always pixel perfect and structured
- You are skilled at communicating with different disciplines
- You should be able to give proper feedback on work by other designers
- You know how to instruct people to increase the quality even further without dictating the entire design
- It’s a preference that you know how to build up and maintain a design library
You’ve convinced me! What do I do now?
Go ahead and apply! Do you want to read more about our team, our portfolio or our way of working? Check out our website.